Welcome to my adventures and experiments in creativity. Where writing is like running: sometimes I know where I'm going, and sometimes I see where the mood takes me.


Friday 11 March 2011

One-Liner

This probably shouldn’t really count as a legitimate post, but I wanted to set down a competition entry and couldn’t think of anywhere better to put it! I suppose that is the raison d’etre of a blog, at the end of the day, but it still feels like I’m simply trying to say, “Look at me! Aren’t I clever!” rather than making a sensible effort to produce something that is simply entertaining to read.

Anyway: while in Bristol last week watching Animal Kingdom, a promotional card offered details of a competition run by The Guardian to submit a one-line review of the film. Chances are I’m not going to win, so I might as well share my tweet-length review through this medium. It might ease the pain of not winning the prize of an iPad!

“Powerful film of a darker side to Melbourne life – at times brutal and unsettling, and showing just what it means to be related by blood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment